From the submissions received by February 21, 2015, a maximum of 64 companies will be declared eligible to compete. A panel of expert judges will review the companies during two elimination rounds held during February and March in order to identify the final 16, and then ultimately the four top finalists. These four finalists will engage in a final showdown during a live pitch event hosted at the HX360™ Inaugural Event on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 2:00 pm at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL. Each of the final four will have 10 minutes to present their company and 5 minutes of expert led Q&A, all in front of a large audience of health system executives, venture capitalists, and other healthcare industry leaders.
Please see Official Rules.
During the live competition, two companies making the most significant contributions to improving Patient Experience (see definition below) will be declared winners of the HX360 Innovation Challenge by an on-stage panel of expert health system judges. The winning companies will be selected for their ability to utilize technology to design and deliver effective products and services that help people or patients significantly enhance their experience engaging with healthcare systems and their providers.
After the live event competition, all participants and audience members will have the opportunity to engage in a fun final four-themed social event and reception to take place immediately after the competition.
THE FOUR FINALISTS COMPETITION – Chicago Il, April 14th
The four finalists who are invited to present at the live event will receive:
- Two (2) complimentary badges for your company CEO and one colleague to join us at the HX360 event
- An invitation to appear LIVE on stage where the winners will be announced at a special event during the HX360 event
- Industry-wide recognition and media attention through a press release and social media activities
In addition, the TWO winning companies will each also receive:
- The opportunity to take advantage of a $50,000 cash award that must be used to pay for expenses related to a pilot program with a specific U.S. not-for-profit health system. The winners may have a U.S. not-for-profit health system client already identified, or, if not, they will be paired with such a health system customer by AVIA. Note that the prize will be granted to the health system where the pilot will take place; the health system, in turn, will pay up to $50,000 in expense reimbursement to the winning company with which it is paired.
- $25,000 worth of in-kind legal services to fund the development of a contract with the health system client, courtesy of Morrison & Foerster law firm.
The concept of Patient Experience is intended to include any product or service that:
- Delivers a more robust feeling of patient satisfaction and well-being
- Increases patient convenience and ease of access to the healthcare system
- Improves patient access to information about their illness and how to better care for themselves
- Improves patient care management in or out of the hospital setting
- Enhances primary care effectiveness and effective use of the continuum of care
- Generally makes people feel better about their overall experience engaging with health systems, their personnel and programs
In addition to the above, U.S. not-for-profit health systems desire products and services that:
- Maximize interoperability with existing IT systems
- Delivers a superior user interface for patients and providers
- Is scalable across systems
- Enhances customer loyalty
Key Dates to Remember
- February 4-21, 2015: Entries Accepted for HX360 Innovation Challenge March 6, 2015: Top 16 competitors announced
- March 13, 2015: Top 16 competitors’ video entry due to judges
- March 27, 2015: Final four competitors announced
- April 13, 2015: Dress rehearsal for four finalists
- April 14, 2015: Live competition and winners announced
- April 14, 2015: Live competition participants and audience members-join us for an after party to celebrate all of the companies and individuals who participated in the competition.