NHIT Collaborative Leadership Conference: Leveraging Health IT to Address Health Disparities
Tuesday, March 6 | 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 7 | 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
This is an exclusive engagement program for health executives to interact with innovators and world-class thought leadership to facilitate the development of actionable solutions to enhance the value and benefit to minority and underserved populations, and to reduce health disparities.
The NHIT Leadership Conference is aimed at devising actionable solutions in these four focus areas to enable the effective design and utilization of HIT to improve access, quality, and cost of healthcare services to reduce health disparities. Despite considerable benefits, HIT will not effectively reduce health disparities if it remains out of the hands of safety net providers and the vulnerable patient populations they serve.
- Explore and envision the power of HIT to achieve health equity and build thriving communities through collaboration with health executives and thought leaders
- Promote a comprehensive agenda to drive optimal engagement of all stakeholders
- Stimulate engagement of a broad range of stakeholders working together to advance HIT for Underserved Communities.
- Gather thinking from a broad range of stakeholders to promote meaningful engagement with underserved populations, and advance understanding of their unique needs and perspectives in the design, development, and use of HIT
- Examine and advance strategies for how emerging HIT tools, platforms and technologies can be best leveraged, developed, implemented and scaled to address the needs of underserved populations
- Widen appreciation of the unique challenges and success factors of advancing a responsive and inclusive HIT workforce, evolving basic and translational science on the reduction of health disparities, and of developing policies which protect the interests of at-risk communities to help them benefit from HIT
- Identify actionable solutions and strategies to ensure current and future investments in HIT deliver maximum value to underserved populations and maximum impact on the reduction of health disparities
- Commit to an action plan in service to underserved patient populations
- National Association of Community Health Centers
- Center for Care Innovations
- Association of Clinicians for the Underserved
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Donna Christensen, MD, Former Congresswoman, Former Chairperson of the Black Congressional Caucus Healthcare Brain Trust
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Special Award presentation
Luis Belen, Chief Executive Officer, NHIT Collaborative for the Underserved
Health IT Equity Vanguard Award Honoree
Commissioner Mignon L. Clyburn, Federal Communications Commission